Forest Bathing- Mindful Wellness Walk
A LIFESTYLE AND WELLBEING NATURE BRAND BY IRIS ROSIN
An Immersive, Experiential Walking Workshop Enjoying the Magic Wonders of Nature and its Elements while Gaining Knowledge, Getting in some Exercise, Networking and Meeting New People.
During the Walks, you will experience Nature like its your first time, observing, touching, listening, tasting and seeing Nature in its True Form.
FOREST BATHING; Japanese Term for "A WALK IN THE WOODS"; Lifts your Mood, Improves your Immune System, Reduces your stress, while helping your heart health
Walking is a very healthy form of exercise- movement of the body and mind, decreases inflammation of the body, gets the blood flowing, provides a lifted mood and allows you to get the much needed mental break.
In Nature Everything Grows, Even When It Gets Burnt Down, Cut Or Destroyed-- It Recovers, Things Keep Moving - A Tree Knows When When Its Leaves Will Fall, Things Happen At A Certain Time, Without Effort A Tree Cannot Grow Faster- It Simply Grows.
Lets Learn From Nature, Its Wisdom, Its Gifts And Benefits And Bring That Into Our Lives- To Shift And Keep The Energy Positive, Healthy And Happy- Which Is GreenHourNYC Goal For The World.
We will sample some of Nature’s treasures that will be provided during the walk such as Botanicals to Sip or Smell while enjoying the Walk, creating a “Walkable Workshop of Nature”
What you Learn from being around Nature believe it or not- can be easily applied to your everyday life - once you learn to Connect, Embrace, Respect and Protect Nature- you will notice that your daily routine and the way you handle Situations, Conversations, Relationships, Logistics, Business Projects, etc.. will all be transformed into an enjoyable, harmonious and happy experience, Just like Nature has its way of Healing and Transforming itself no matter the situation at hand.
You will finish the Walk, not only feeling your best, but guarantee you will come back for more Nature and you will seek it in your daily life. Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures or positive visual, mental and emotional memories and kill nothing but time while enjoying Nature at its best.
Nature Is Here Waiting For You; Let's All meet in the Wilderness.
All Walks Are Guided And Led By Iris Rosin- Founder Of MEET IN THE WILD
The Walking Platforms Can Be Adopted To A Plethora Of Locations As It Has A Similar Concept To The Walk Paths Mentioned Below, However I Introduce Additional Elements AccordIng To The Walk Path, Time of Year, etc
For Example: Winter Mountains; Probably one of my Favorite types of walks- as the air is so amazingly fresh that you don’t get that in many places or seasons. Learning to appreciate that alone - is something that many don’t have the privilege to enjoy, so We inspire to understand what can you do in the snowy mountains aside of the extreme sports of skiing, snowboard, etc..
Currently The Forest Bathing/ Wellness Walks Are Offered: In NYC, WESTCHESTER & GREENWICH, CONNECTICUT
Below is Showcasing the NYC Walk Concept, which can follow for other Locations.
Forest Bathing/ Wellness Walks Can be held in Local Parks or Gardens, The High Line, Westside River or Day Trip out in the Mountains or Lakes.
THE WALK PATH:
- Length of Walk; 30 or 45 min or 1-1/2 Hours, Meet @Specified Location
- We begin with all participants Introducing themselves, saying whatever they want others to know about them keeping it to 30 seconds each. (3-5 minutes)
- We then do a 5 Minute Mind/ Body Relaxation
- Thereafter the Walk begins.
- We will Discuss the Many Benefits of Nature and How it Can Positively affect your Life.
- Such as Grounding/ Earthing/ Hugging a Tree, Listening to the Nature Sounds, Observing Things you never noticed before and how it relaxes and distresses the System.
- Learn how you can Learn from Nature and implement the strategies into your everyday life.
- Photograph images of Nature in Many Different ways- that you might have not noticed prior ( for example; sprouting white Flowers in the middle of the winters Fallen Brown Leaves- creates a beautiful Instagram pic or image to place on ur wall)
- Learn How to Enjoy Nature no Matter the Season, Place Time & wether you're on your Own or with Others.
- Journal what you're learning, observing, How du feel during the walk and after.
- Leave Happy with a Focused Calm and Ready to tackle everything, while Meeting new People.
- We Also offer “walking dates” after the walk- so People can Enjoy walking together after our Session on their Own- We Connect everyone via email (upon the participants approval).
- Walk away with a New View on Nature and with a Strong desire to Come back and to want to be Surrounded by Nature
NATURE WALK EXPERIENCES: FEW THINGS WE WILL LEARN, DISCOVER, DISCUSS AND ENJOY
• Using your 5senses, or perhaps using only one sense at a time, notice how much there is to observe, hear, touch, feel, listen to and simple engage with during your Nature Experience - you will realize that you notice so many things that you may have missed prior as normally your just “racing threw life” and missing the message or beauty of everything.
• The fresh crisp air of the mountains are enough of a reason to want to get outside and then the beautiful views, the calmness and stillness that mountains filled with snow create- its total magic.
• Walking, observing the sky, cloud formation, sounds, snow color, texture, whats growing around it - many times you will be surprised that fresh green plants are sprouting around, look at the tips of the tree- you will notice buds just waiting for spring to be able to showcase its gorgeous leaves or flowers.
• Make music in Nature-Notice the sound when u step and walk in the snow or leaves- u can almost create music with few people walking side by side.
• Take deep breaths, give yourself a Mind & body relaxation for 5 minutes in this beautiful surrounding, then begin to walk along the snow-filled mountains breathing in the fresh air.
• Embracing whatever might be in-front of you or happening around you while inhaling life and appreciating the natural beauty just in-front of you.
• There are soo many awesome scents in nature- observe the rocks, the air, the trees, the leaves, the flowers, the ground, the seasons, snow, rain, wind; each time you move or the air moves- what du smell? The same with Colors and Sounds.
• Observe the plethora of different Bushes, flower varieties, plants, trees, mountains, all things found in nature- for example- there must be several different types of tree trunks, stumps and roots - have you ever stoped to notice this? did you know that trees talk to each other- they are “networking” we still don’t know what they are saying to each other but research shows this is a fact happening all around us in Nature- how fascinating is that?
• Connect to Nature in some form- if your alone or with a group- so each time you return - your Auto memory will bring you back to this enchanting connection that will allow you to forget about anything else but simply take time for yourself in nature- to nourish and replenish - we all need this- daily.
• Instagram pics of your walks will remind you of how you felt and looked - and for sure you will want to go back asap, I’m sure your friends, co workers, partners, etc.. will notice a positive change when you
return from being around nature- being indoors or outdoors activity with Nature. Not to mention anytime looking at something in Nature- image what would look best in a postcard- as opposed to a digital format?
• Not always do we need to Instagram or literally photograph everything- sometimes a Visual memory are the ones we forgot that are actually instilled in our brains and bring us back to the time of this hike, trail, path or experience.
• Create a game such as: choosing which animal or element of nature you would like to be for this path - even if your on your own - engage in the character - and see what you realize along the path about yourself or others walking with you- what would you eat, what would you see differently, who would your friends be?
• Picking up things in nature that can be repurposed in your home is a great way to connect to nature- you will find many uses for the natures elements you never thought of, for example: twigs, branches, leaves, stones- all ideal for any type of decoration or add on, the rocks can also be used to grind things up, leaf can be used to wrap a gift or add on for decor for a gift, or create a handmade Card, actually everything can be used to make a Nature potpourri- just add your favorite natural essence- or add fresh or dried lavender, eucalyptus, etc.. which u might also find in nature (always washing everything and making sure your only taking what has fallen in Nature)
• We all LOVE making Snow/ Leaf angles - not only is this fun and creative, not to mention makes for great pics, but its extremely relaxing as well, allowing you to enjoy the beauty of the sky, the clouds and their formation to have yet another feature too explore in a different angle- almost like you are a 35mm camera..
• Use one of the App that tells you which plant your looking at and various details that will enlighten you to learn more and explore more in Nature.
• You will get drawn back to Nature; Each time you walk outside- wether its the same trail, mountain, beach, park or other - no matter how many times you explore the same place- it will draw you back - its intoxicating in a very positive way. next time you go to the stale air gym or other- the visual, mental and intoxicating essence memory of being outdoors - will draw you back every time finding yourself in nature more then you would have ever thought.
• You will begin to walk more often, run outside, take meetings outside- even in the winter- walking meetings and of course bringing nature indoors is an important aspect as well - since we need Living things indoors as well.
• Not everyone has the ability to be outdoors, since half our lives we work, spend time or sleep indoors and/ or cannot be outdoors for various other Reasons- so Bringing Nature Indoors is another important aspect and offerings of Meet in the Wild Programs